Several days ago, when I was listening to the Passive Income series, an interesting concept was mentioned: different use of knowledge. Let me try to summarize here:
There are different level of using knowledge. Here are the levels, in the increasing order (my memory might have modified the content a bit):
- The basic level, you see a piece of information, and then you forget
- Getting further, you see an information, and then you share it with others
- Further more, you try to paraphrase the information, write an article of your own, and then share it.
- You sharing it, and also think about how to make use of that piece of info
- You think more about how to make use of the information, tends to use it as an advantage, therefore not share it
- You become the monopoly of knowledge, and use it to make others work for you. A good example is the King in the ancient times.