Jotting down some notes about Github during the ruby meet-up Dec.
Optimise for happiness
Work when and where you work best.
None interrupt you from work. Everything is written down, and recorded – thus the people can catchup later.
- Master(branch) is deployable
- Create descriptive branch from master branch (by browsing through, one cna get what the company is currently working on)
- Commit often, push regularly
- Open a pull request for feedback
- Open it early.
- Talk about what you’re doing
- Mention issues, discuss about it
- After folks approve, merge to master
- The person who make the pull request, is the one who merge
- The pull request should be well-discussed by everyone
- Everyone should be trusted in deploying this code.
- Deploy automatically
- Build things that are worthwhile, that give you purpose